This Ham and Pasta Casserole is really easy to whip up. Nothing beats a homemade sauce! I like to make this recipe when I have leftover ham and especially since I normally have most of the other ingredients on hand already. That means no trip to the grocery store for this one...
I made this dish last weekend and served it with stir-fried yellow squash and fresh baked crescent rolls....Yummy!!
Ham and Pasta Casserole
6 to 8 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
2 cups diced ham
3 tablespoons butter
8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
6 green onions, sliced
4 tablespoons flour
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic seasoned pepper or other pepper blend
1 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 325°. Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2. Dice ham and set aside.
3. Melt butter in large sauce pan. Add sliced mushrooms and cook several minutes, stirring often, until mushrooms are tender; add green onions.
4. Stir in flour and blend well; cook a few minutes until flour begins to brown slightly.
5. Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk. Add seasoned salt, pepper, and cayenne and cook and stir until bubbly and thickened.
6. Taste, add more salt and pepper if needed. Stir cooked spaghetti and diced ham, and 1 cup of cheese into sauce until blended well.
7. Transfer into a 2 quart baking dish and bake uncovered for 25 minutes or until bubbly. Add 1/4 cup of cheese and cook for 3 more minutes or until cheese is melted.
Makes 4 very generous servings.